It’s been a little while since I’ve posted an update on my 10gal tank, and that’s simply because I haven’t changed anything about it. The cyano has gone away thankfully, and things are back to normal. The clownies are doing great, the zoa’s are growing, and the mushrooms are both kicking some butt! I had to re-glue the green star polyps to the rock, but that’s not a big deal, and I finally took the red mushroom out and glued it to a larger rock since it’s bonded with a smaller piece of coral.
The REAL news however is that I picked up a 40gal tank, and have been collecting parts for it! Tonight’s progress includes drilling the two holes for the sump return, getting the two 3/4″ thread/thread bulkheads in place, getting two 3/4″ MPT to slip fittings setup with about 2.5″ of 3/4″ schedule 40 PVC, and then used some 1″ ID vinyl clear tubing to connect them to a 3/4″ T slip fitting. I clamped it all together with some hose clamps, and that’s about where I left it tonight. I made a video outlining how to cut the holes in the glass, and will get that uploaded once I’m done editing it.
As a note, I got ALL of the stuff for this aquarium at reptiles-n-reefs in Henderson, and some random pieces at home depot/lowes. GREAT people there who are always willing to help!
More updates to come as stuff arrives!